The STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading/wRiting, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) is a Educational Innovation Hub, located in the heart of Virginia’s Region 3 (Northern Neck) and 4 (Northern Virginia). We are committed to:
- Inspire students and teachers to explore STEAM education and the impact on the world around them
- Develop pre-service teachers prepared for today’s learners and multi-modality learning.
- Equip in-service teachers with updated skill sets needed to meet regional, state and national needs
- Engage regional, state, and national leaders in developing strategic STEAM partnerships that foster programming, services, and educational innovations that meet critical needs.
- Respond to the needs of our region and develop global citizens that are critical and creative thinkers, problem solvers, and collaborators who help power innovation both in and out of the classroom.
Now, newly situated in the foundational level of Seacobeck Hall in the heart of the UMW Campus, we have the opportunity to expand our work in the STREAM field. Our spaces include an in-the-round Forum, Maker Space, Curriculum Innovation Lab, digital Imaginarium, and team rooms. Each space is uniquely designed to host different events, provide hands-on training, and provide exploratory learning labs. We are open year-round to offer hands-on learning experiences to k-12 students, pre-service educators, in-service educators, and community partners.
Are you interested in partnering with The Stream?
Are you a business, non-profit, or educator that would like to partner with the COE for an event that would provide an educational opportunity around STREAM?
Please contact Kristina Peck, Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships, email@example.com
Are you interested in bringing a field trip to the The Stream?
If you are a school, non-profit, or an educator and would like to bring a group to UMW to hold an STREAM event or field trip, we are interested in working with you. Your event can include students, educators, or the broader community. To get started, please review the Field Trip Information and Calendar.
If you are interested in booking a field trip, please email Kristina Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of school
- Estimated number of students
- Grade level(s)
- Requested date
- Potential topics for the field trip (there is no promise we can do the requested topics but it will help start the conversation)
- Contact information (Name and email)