- Important Dates for Fall 2018 Internship
- Full Year Internship (Fall Semester)
- M.S in Elementary Education
- M.Ed in Secondary/Pk-12 Education
- 1 Semester Internship – Post Bac Students (Fall Semester)
Evaluations and Assessments
- Mid-placement Evaluation (Link)
- Mid-placement Evaluation (PDF Version)
- Video Self-Assessment
- Final Evaluation (Link)
- Final Evaluation (PDF Version)
- Professional Competencies Self-Assessment (example in .pdf format)
- Professional Competencies Self-Assessment (link)
Due to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines, you may not publish your Impact Study in any form. This includes, but is not limited to , your social media, any blog, email, etc. We have to protect the privacy of students.
- Impact Study Overview
- Impact Study Check Sheet
- Impact Study Power Point
- Impact Study Scoring
- Impact Study Outline (Word document to download)
- Impact Study Demographic Profile Sample
Students placed in practicum/internship sites may need to meet certain clearances. Clearances vary by school district. Students are responsible for obtaining the appropriate clearances. Below is a list of commonly used school districts and their requirements.
Check directly with the school for the specific clearances you need for your internship.
Contact Ms. Allison Erickson at (540) 372-1130 to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting and to complete the Central Registry Form. The cost for processing is $47.00. Only cash or check is accept, no cards. (Fingerprinting is $37.00 and the Central Registry is $10.00). Checks may be made payable to Fredericksburg City Public Schools.
Thank you for your interest in Prince William County Public Schools (PWCS). We welcome the opportunity to host your upcoming internships. Please note that approval of your student teaching or internship placement is pending completion and review of the following requirements.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE of PWCS (including active substitute teacher) or are completing a practicum for which you already completed the application and background check, you may disregard the information regarding fingerprinting.
No later than _____________ 2016:
- Complete or update your substitute/temporary/volunteer application at https://jobs.pwcs.edu/WorkSpace/ selecting “Student Teacher” as your job preference. You must include current contact information, complete testimony, complete work history, and at least two professional or school-related references (via the electronic reference page).
- Complete the 40 minute online orientation to access mandatory paperwork and mandated videos: http://orientation.pwcs.edu.
Login information User ID is “pwnonpaid” and the Password is “pwcps”.
Please print and complete the required forms.
3. Obtain a negative medical Tuberculosis (TB) result dated within the last 12 months.
4. Attend a fingerprint processing session – there is no cost to you.
Processing is held on:
Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays: 8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Location: Kelly Leadership Center – 14715 Bristow Road, Manassas VA 20112
Please note there is no fingerprinting between 11:00 am-12:30 p.m. on any given day.
*This schedule excludes holidays.
**You may arrive anytime within the given window of time. Please allot an hour for your fingerprinting session.
You must have the following documents with you in order to be processed:
• A copy of this email.
• Complete the Fingerprint Authorization to Release (Found in the online orientation.)
• Complete the Central Registry Release of Information Form (CPS) (Found in the online orientation.)
• TB test result (dated within the past 12 months)
• Government issued photo ID
If you have any questions regarding processing or to confirm the fingerprinting schedule, contact the Department of Human Resources at 703.791.7466 or 703.791.7327, or via email to email@example.com.
You will also need to:
- Review and abide by Regulation 595-1 at THIS link .
- Review Regulation 511.10-1 at THIS link. Print and sign the Acknowledgment of Receipt of Volunteer Guidelines and take with you to the school on the first day you report.
UMW students may contact Timothy Williams firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)780-7864 in the Human Resources office 301 N. 9th Street 15th floor to complete their background check screening. The cost is $137.00. The screenings are available daily, however, the best times would be Wednesdays through Fridays between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The students will not have to incur any costs for the fingerprints, we incur this cost, so they will not need to bring their checkbooks. They will need to bring a photo ID, SS Card and a TB screen. They should have obtained the TB screen prior to coming to our office for fingerprints and they will have to incur that cost as we do not cover that cost for TB screens.
The point of contact regarding fingerprints for student teachers and practicums is Lindsey LaBossiere. She can be reached at 540-834-2500, ext.1500 and her email address is email@example.com
For students who have a confirmed placement with SCPS, these links are to an online orientation that corresponds to the placement type that the UMW student will be completing with SCPS. The presentation includes all the steps and forms for your students to complete their on-boarding process with SCPS Human Resource Department. SCPS is requiring that all students complete the on-line orientation and to personally bring in all their filled out forms to the Human Resources Department and be finger printed before they contact their cooperating principal and teacher/supervisor! Failure to complete and submit these forms and be finger printed before they contact or start their placement could result in their placement being delayed or canceled! All fees and notary requirements will be covered by SCPS.
Please review the online training and complete the following forms: