For current interns, please go to the COE Student Internship Canvas Page for more specific information.
- Intern Absence Report Form (You must complete for each day you are absent from your internship)
How is the internship structured?
|5 year Pathways – Full Year Internship (Elementary, Secondary, and Pk-12)||5 year pathways – 1 Semester Internship (Special Education)||Graduate Programs – 1 Semester Internship (Post-Bacc)|
|Fall||M.S in Elementary
M.Ed in Secondary/Pk-12
|Students complete a practicum placement, no internship.||M.Ed in Elementary or Pk-12 Education (Visual Arts or Music)
M.Ed in Secondary or Pk-12 (Foreign Language) Education
|Spring 2020||Full-time Internship in local school districts||Full-time Internship in local school districts that requires time in two different grade level placements||M.Ed in Elementary or Pk-12 Education (Visual Arts or Music)
M.Ed in Secondary or Pk-12 (Foreign Language) Education
- Internship Evaluation Form
- Professional Competencies Form
Due to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines, you may not publish your Impact Study in any form. This includes, but is not limited to , your social media, any blog, email, etc. We have to protect the privacy of students.
- Impact Study Overview
- Impact Study Check Sheet
- Impact Study Power Point
- Impact Study Scoring
- Impact Study Detailed Scoring
- Impact Study Outline (Word document to download)
- Impact Study Demographic Profile Sample
Students placed in practicum/internship sites may need to meet certain clearances. Clearances vary by school district. Students are responsible for obtaining the appropriate clearances. Below is a list of commonly used school districts and their requirements.
Check directly with the school for the specific clearances you need for your internship.
Contact Ms. Allison Erickson at (540) 372-1130 to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting and to complete the Central Registry Form. The cost for processing is $47.00. Only cash or check is accept, no cards. (Fingerprinting is $37.00 and the Central Registry is $10.00). Checks may be made payable to Fredericksburg City Public Schools.
Thank you for your interest in Prince William County Public Schools (PWCS). We welcome the opportunity to host your upcoming internships. Please note that approval of your student teaching or internship placement is pending completion and review of the following requirements.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE of PWCS (including active substitute teacher) or are completing a practicum for which you already completed the application and background check, you may disregard the information regarding fingerprinting.
No later than _____________ 2016:
- Complete or update your substitute/temporary/volunteer application at https://jobs.pwcs.edu/WorkSpace/ selecting “Student Teacher” as your job preference. You must include current contact information, complete testimony, complete work history, and at least two professional or school-related references (via the electronic reference page).
- Complete the 40 minute online orientation to access mandatory paperwork and mandated videos: http://orientation.pwcs.edu.
Login information User ID is “pwnonpaid” and the Password is “pwcps”.
Please print and complete the required forms.
3. Obtain a negative medical Tuberculosis (TB) result dated within the last 12 months.
4. Attend a fingerprint processing session – there is no cost to you.
Processing is held on:
Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays: 8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Location: Kelly Leadership Center – 14715 Bristow Road, Manassas VA 20112
Please note there is no fingerprinting between 11:00 am-12:30 p.m. on any given day.
*This schedule excludes holidays.
**You may arrive anytime within the given window of time. Please allot an hour for your fingerprinting session.
You must have the following documents with you in order to be processed:
• A copy of this email.
• Complete the Fingerprint Authorization to Release (Found in the online orientation.)
• Complete the Central Registry Release of Information Form (CPS) (Found in the online orientation.)
• TB test result (dated within the past 12 months)
• Government issued photo ID
If you have any questions regarding processing or to confirm the fingerprinting schedule, contact the Department of Human Resources at 703.791.7466 or 703.791.7327, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also need to:
- Review and abide by Regulation 595-1 at THIS link .
- Review Regulation 511.10-1 at THIS link. Print and sign the Acknowledgment of Receipt of Volunteer Guidelines and take with you to the school on the first day you report.
UMW students may contact Helen Demena email@example.com or (804)780-7864 in the Talent Office 301 N. 9th Street 15th floor to complete their background check screening. The cost is $137.00. The screenings are available daily, however, the best times would be Wednesdays through Fridays between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The students will not have to incur any costs for the fingerprints, we incur this cost, so they will not need to bring their checkbooks. Before coming into Human Resources, students need to complete the Student Teaching Application which requires you to have your TB screening/results to upload. When coming into HR, students will need to bring a photo ID and SS card. They should have obtained the TB screen prior to coming to our office for fingerprints and they will have to incur that cost as we do not cover that cost for TB screens.
The point of contact regarding fingerprints for student teachers and practicums is Lindsey LaBossiere. She can be reached at 540-834-2500, ext.1500 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with confirmed placements with Stafford County Public Schools should review the Student Practicum Orientation here for information on and links to required forms. Students should complete all forms (including the request for fingerprinting, tuberculosis risk assessment, and authorization for background check by the Department of Social Services), but not sign the forms, and use the link in the orientation presentation to schedule an intake appointment with Human Resources. At this appointment, students’ fingerprints will be taken and the DSS form will be signed and notarized. Please note that SCPS covers all fees and notary service is provided free of charge.
After all clearance materials have been received, students may contact their cooperating principal and teacher/supervisor.