The College of Education offers three graduate endorsement and certificates for prospective students who possess both a bachelor’s degree and a valid Virginia collegiate professional or a postgraduate professional license.
Graduate Endorsement and Certificate Programs
- Graduate Endorsement in Gifted Education
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching Students with Autism (Online Only)
Admissions filing dates for the Graduate Endorsement and Certificate Programs
- Fall Admission: April 15
- Spring Admission: September 15
- Summer Admission: February 15
Late applications will be accepted on a space available basis. Please contact the Office of Admissions at (540) 286-8030 for clarification.
- Submit a completed Application for Admission, and a non-refundable $50 application fee; Apply Online and have your $50 application fee waived!
- Submit an official transcript from every college or university you’ve attended even if the courses were transferred to another institution;
- Have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university,
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher, 2.75 or higher for the Educational Leadership Program, on undergraduate course work and 3.0 or higher on graduate course work;
- Provide a résumé outlining work experience and education. In addition to your paid work experience and leadership roles you have assumed, please include all volunteer experience related to education e.g., coaching, teaching religious education, working with Scouts, volunteer work with children, etc.
- Provide verification of the current Virginia Collegiate Professional or Graduate Professional license;
- Submit two essays (2-3 typed, double-spaced pages each):
- What do you hope to gain from the M.Ed. program? What contributions do you feel you can make to the program as a participant?
- Discuss a current issue in education, why you think it is important, and your stance on it.
An interview may be required as part of the admission process.
For International Students: Please submit the International Student Application Supplement, International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.
Attend an Information Session at the Stafford Campus
For any questions regarding graduate admissions, please contact:
Acting Associate Dean of Admissions
Stafford South, Room 139