- Graduate Add-on Endorsement Pathway in Gifted Education
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching Students with Autism (Program totally Online)
Your application should be complete (Application, official transcripts and all supporting documents) by the following filing dates:
- Fall Admission: April 15
- Spring Admission: September 15
- Summer Admission: February 15
Late applications will be accepted on a space-available basis. Please contact the Office of Admissions at 540/286-8030 for clarification.
- 1. The Application for Admission and a non-refundable $50 application fee; Apply Online and your $50 application fee will be waived!
- An official transcript from every college or university you’ve attended even if the courses were transferred to another institution
- Competitive applicants will have a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on undergraduate course work, and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on graduate course work
- A résumé outlining experiences and education. In addition to your paid work experience, please include all volunteer experience related to education. (coaching, teaching religious education, working with Scouts, volunteering in a school, etc.)
- For add-on endorsement applicants, a copy of your current Virginia Collegiate Professional or Graduate Professional License
- Submit two essays (2-3 typed, double-spaced pages each):
- What do you hope to gain from the program? What contributions do you feel you can make to the program as a participant?
- Discuss a current issue in education, why you think it is important, and your stance on it.
An interview may be required.
For International Students: Please submit the International Student Application Supplement, International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.