Dr. April Brecht
Director of Advising Center Services
Phone: (540) 286-8032
Stafford Campus, South Building Conference Room
An Endorsement review is required for admission to the following:
- Elementary Education
- Middle Grades Education (English, Mathematics, Science, History/Social Science)
- PreK-12 Education (German, French, Spanish, Latin, Music: Instrumental, Music: Vocal/Choral, Visual Arts)
- Secondary Education (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, English, History/Social Sciences, Mathematics, Physics)
Endorsement courses are prerequisite courses that demonstrate knowledge and skills in the related content areas. These courses meet the required competencies mandated by the Virginia Department of Education.
Steps for the Endorsement Review
1. Complete the online form here
2. If you have attended an institution other than UMW, upload a copy of your transcripts or send to Dr. Brecht via email or postal service.
Address: 121 University Blvd Fredericksburg, VA 22406
3. An email will be sent to you with a completed endorsement check sheet. Once the endorsement check sheet has been received, a meeting can be scheduled with Dr. April Brecht to discuss options for any remaining endorsement courses. Please allow up to one week for the processing of the endorsement check sheet, once all transcripts have been received.