LearnerSpace through UMW’s College of Education is an experimental space created to foster collaborations between K12 students and educators. This space is designed to encourage the use of emerging technology tools that support creativity, innovation, and personal engagement within STEM fields.
The LearnerSpace Web site provides you with tutorials, lesson plans, and best practices all around the work and tools within this space. This site is a work in progress, so visit often and participate by letting us know what information you would like to see and experience at this e-community for LearnerSpace.
- Increase community understanding of the importance of STEM education.
- Provide open access to emerging technologies housed at UMW’s College of Education LearnerSpace.
- Use experiential learning and authentic investigative practice to allow learners to share, discuss, and compare new creations.
- Create experiences using emerging technology tools and new teaching methods within a safe and encouraging environment.
- Learn to incorporate 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, communication, project and resource management, creativity, and adaptability within important curricular content to enhance student performance.
Inquire today to discuss how we can best work with you in LearnerSpace exploring emerging technologies and how these technologies can be integrated into your instruction and throughout your school.