- Courtney Clayton, Assistant Professor of Education, and George Meadows, Professor of Education, published their article, Action Research in Preservice Teacher Education, in the Spring 2013 volume of The Teacher Educators' Journal. The journal is published by the Association of Teacher Educators in Virginia. The Association of Teacher Educators was founded in 1920 and is an individual membership organization devoted solely to the improvement of teacher education both for school-based and post secondary teacher educators. ATE members represent over 700 colleges and universities, over 500 major school systems, and the majority of state departments of education.
- Courtney Clayton, assistant professor of education, presented her research at the annual VATESOL conference. The presentation was entitled "Using Action Research to Improve Instruction for English Language Learners". She presented with one of her former M.S. in Elementary Education students whose action research project focused on improving writing skills for English Language Learners using dialogue journals through EduBlogs. VATESOL is a professional organization dedicated to promoting professional development, strengthening instruction, and supporting research opportunities at all levels for teachers and administrators of ESL/EFL/ESOL.
Courtney M. Clayton
- Asst Professor - Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., University of San Francisco
- Ph.D., Boston College